Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Blog #4

I didn't want to believe that sex was just a pure desire to feel, to touch just the sole action. My principles were intially challenged because morally I wanted to believe that sex is attached to love because I'm in love with my current girlfriend. I tried to justify it but unfortunately all i could think of was i was conditioned to associate sex with love there was really nothing else I could really think of. I guess I was in denial to some extent because before my current girlfriend sex really was emotionless or not even attached to anything, when I thought about it really was just to feel the act I guess subconsciously there might have been the want to be desired or wanted but on the surface it was really just the act. So I can say my past helped me understand Alan Goldman's article and with that said he was the closes I could relate to and were closer to my moral or least who I could agree with to some extent. I chose Goldman because I couldn't really think of anything but the moral that was taught to me may it have been through my parents raising me or societies perspective that ive learned, I didn't have a good defense the article convince me that sex is sex and once something else comes into play it becomes something else.

2 comments:

  1. I think sometimes you can be in a loving relationship and have "love" sex, but sometimes in that same relationship, its just sex. Sometimes it's just stop talking and take your pants off. Do you really need to order dessert, I really need you to take your pants off. I promise to give you a cookie afterwards! Do not ask for a dessert menu, I am your dessert! Sometimes in order to avoid intimacy you have sex. Believe me it happens. I don't want to talk about our relationship issues or how I upset you, so I will distract you with sex, It's so much easier to take off your clothes sometimes than it is to really "bare it all" and tell the honest heart-wrenching soul searching truth. Sex is sometimes a defense mechanism to avoid or change the subject. And it works!

    Angela P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your post. I think that people often confuse and equate sex with love. I know this because I used to be one of those people and have made mistakes in my past. People these days have sex just because it feels good. We see it all the time with one night stands, friends with benefits and when we go out drinking at bars. Its no longer about finding the right person to spend your life with and its more about "getting lucky" and i dont necessarily believe its a bad thing. As humans, we crave variety and spontaneity and were not created to be monogamous. We can love a few people in our life time but we will always find others attractive and not necessarily love them. I think that if people truly want to be happy then they have to learn how to differentiate the two and once that is accomplished, many insecurities and problems in relationships will disappear.

    ReplyDelete