Monday, April 20, 2015

Blog#5 Animal rights

Growing up I wasn't really an animal lover per se, I was fascinated by the animal kingdom but didn't feel spiritually or ever felt anything morally wrong with the way we treat them. Over the last 2 years since I met my girlfriend who happened to be a big animal lover I began too symbiotically love animal subconsciously until I realized she wore off on me. She open my eyes to really connecting with animals and seeing them as our kin that we shaRE the world with and that they aren't beneathe us. During our relationship we save a stray kitten on our way to Rhode Island who we named Rhodes and we recently we adopted a recur dog named stella and they are literally like our children. I was already on an elightened path to seeing animals as our equals and watching the documentary Earthling I was completely disturbed with how we as the human race treat animals from our food to clothing, pets and entertainment it's disgusting and no wonder there's so many diseases that are attributed in our food. The abuse pigs, chickens and Cows go through was heart wrenching. The section on how leather goods are made is unforgivable. Some might say the documentary is very harsh but I think it's what we all need to see in order to make a change. Animals are sentient beings breathe , see and move just like us so they are entitled to the same rights hopefully one day as a society we can see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment